Words of Wisdom From People Smarter Than Me

"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence"
-Robert Frost

A Fun Day

Today we did our gamepalooza and had a blast! About twenty kids were here playing all kinds of games from chess to Halo. There were noisy zones and quiet rooms, chatting moms and giggling kids.

We set up games on little low tables, or on the floor all over the house and then let the kids go nuts

We began the day with game prep and a fabulous thunderstorm and ended with a stunning sunset and lots of talk about visiting with old friends and making new ones.

Every time I host this, I get a new mix of moms and we almost always jibe. Each time, I think "I should make a group... " but since it has a magic all its own, I'm just going to leave it alone for now.

We had a little time to talk philosophy, so many of these folks have always homeschooled it amazes me. It strikes me as incredible that you can have that confidence and foresight. I needed a bad experience to get me in line :-)
Until next time....

No comments: